Welcome back to our Trending on Thursdays blog! This week we rounded up the top articles trending on social media within the #smallbiz community.
Check out the stories and let us know what you think by leaving us a few comments!
1. When you’re unhappy, your work suffers. According to Peter Economy at Inc., you will be 31% more productive if you’re happy at work. And it’s more of a conscious decision than you might think.
2. Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia, has some advice for social media gurus out there. In a blog this week, he lays out the best ways to create true connections on Twitter.
3. Have some spare time this summer? Melinda Emerson at SmallBizLady has shared11 must-read books for growing your business, including tips for starting a business, marketing, finances, and productivity.
4. Check out Chris Matyszczyk’s 5 leadership lessons from the U.S. Women’s World Cup team that you can use in your small business.
5. Is your small business secure from hackers? Small businesses are frequent targets of hacking. Frank Crast has 4 great tips for your small business including the best ways to set higher security standards and assess if your business is safe.